Friday, May 23, 2008

A Word

This morning I took some time read the scriptures. I wasn't bringing an agenda with me.

Not taking time to study to teach others. Not intentionally reading through books. Just taking time to prayerfully listen to God.

Here is what I found ...

The Lord God has given Me the tongue of disciples,
That I may know how to sustain the weary one with a word.

He awakens Me morning by morning,
He awakens My ear to listen as a disciple.

The Lord God has opened My ear;
And I was not disobedient,
Nor did I turn back.

Thought this was a pretty profound word (Isaiah 50.4-5) and I think it will be my mental chewing gum for the next week and my continual prayer.

On the recovery front ... I've discovered that I hate deep tissue massages! The muscles in my shoulders, neck and upper mid back have been a mess & going to physical therapy means considerably more pain ... not less. At least I know that know and am getting mentally adjusted to that fact.

We are still continually praying with faith that God ... by the power of His word will straighten out the mess in my muscles. 'Til then, I trust and wait.

God is always faithful and good!

No comments: