Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Turning the Corner!!!


Man, this has been a long process!


I know God has provided strength, hope and healing through the last month and my bride, family and friends have been absolutely fantastic. However, I would be lying if I told you I didn't have a lot of long, dark nights laying awake wondering if things were really going to get better.


I had expectations, based on my previous surgery experience 11 months ago, of how this thing was supposed to work. I really believe God allows things to happen that disappoint our expectations to cause us to really seek Him out and trust Him.


About 10 days ago, God really began to talk with me and reveal Himself through His word. I was reading in Isaiah (again) and discovered this ...


I have put My words in your mouth, and have covered you with the shadow of My hand, to establish the heavens, to found the earth, and to say to Zion, 'You are my people.' (51.16)


That just renewed my confidence that God is going to heal me ... both for His fame and glory ... and to allow me to walk out the plans that He has for me. One of those plans, at the forefront of my mind, is the looming church planting trip to Kenya.


I've never doubted that I would be on the plane going to Kenya in a month, despite all the complications, I just wondered what kind of shape I'd be in!


About 5 days ago, I believe God very distinctly and miraculously gave me a breakthrough in my recovery!


How do I know?


First, I've been praying with a whole team of people for God to heal me.


Second, the physical therapy process has been pretty brutal for me, normally resulting in me going directly home, icing down, and laying low in bed for 24-36 hours. Late last week after a physical therapy session, I felt stronger. The crippling pain was no longer there. I did not have to retreat to bed. I was able to begin to really engage my kids!


At church on Sunday, I was able to energetically engage people. That is a huge change, because all of my energy has been focused toward pain management and I haven't really had anything left to interact with people.


I had physical therapy on Monday, and instead of going home, icing down and going to bed ... I was able to go to work for the remainder of the day!


I'm excited that I can know focus on taking care of my family, investing Christ into students' lives, and get ready to take the awesome news about Jesus to Kenya!

1 comment:

Sheridan said...

Praise God, Wayne! I was praying for you last week!