Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Reason to smile!


This past Sunday and Monday were two great days.

I don't really know how to quantify what life was like last week, but it wasn't living!

The last two days, pain has subsided considerably & nausea has completely gone away! Man, it is absolutely no fun to walk around all day feeling like your stomach is going to eject at any moment. I've been off the heavy pain pills completely for at least 48 hours, and I think that definitely had something to do with it.

I've still got significant swelling at the surgical site, so please pray for continued patience to stay horizontal and keep ice on this thing!
I go to the Dr on Thursday for the first time. I think it takes 3 months for the fusion to take place, so I've got to continue to take it easy ... but I think I can SLOWLY begin increasing activity soon.

We took a family outing yesterday ... boy, do I cherish opportunities to get out of the house! We drove over to Fort Walton Beach to get snow cones, but the place was closed. So we drove over to a Chic-Fil-A and let the kids play and had dinner. Needless to say, the kids weren't too disappointed.

I took a brief walk last night and saw an incredible sunset. While walking, I was plugged into my ipod and heard this ... "the biggest problem you and I have isn't moral failure ... it is a failure to honor God". If we tell people God doesn't like people that sleep around or do drugs, then people will try to refrain from those behaviors to make them presentable to God. Because we can see behaviors, we often focus on correcting behaviors instead of dealing with matters of the heart. We are in need of a regenerated heart in order to love and honor God. Then, obedience becomes delight instead of duty.

No comments: